Matthew Prior is a passionate Public Health Professional dedicated to health care outreach. Working directly in the community, Prior volunteers to support initiatives that serve the homeless population and individuals impacted by addiction.
After completing an Outward Bound Leadership semester in Chile in 2005, Matthew Prior’s career focus was clearer than ever before. During this experience, he reached the summit of 3 volcanoes — one of which was active! This enthralling experience in the Andes Mountains of Chile invoked a unique sense of understanding of the journey in achieving one’s goals. In an unexpected way, his Chilean trip introduced Prior to an unparalleled sense of community consciousness. This eye-opening experience would prove formative for the young professional, who returned home with a clear understanding of his career goals. Ever since, Prior’s commitment to health promotion, health care outreach and community outreach have remained paramount.
Matthew Prior established the foundation of his career in healthcare with the pursuit and completion of his Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Scranton. Prior then went on to refine his expertise with the pursuit of his Masters of Public Health, which he received at Thomas Jefferson University.
Career in Public Health
Matthew Prior MPH is committed to supplying individuals with the knowledge and tools necessary for HIV and STD prevention. Prior has spent his entire career in Public Health and believes definitively that this is his professional and personal calling. Thus far, he has maintained the following roles:
- Director of Communications, Senior Manager of Communications, and Manager of Policy and Communications — National Coalition of STD Directors
- Communication and Outreach Lead — Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues
- Communication and Policy Coordinator and Special Projects Associate — Philadelphia Department of Public Health
- Electronic Health Records Manager — Northeast Pennsylvania Nephrology Associates
Committed to community outreach, a great deal of Matt Prior’s dedication to public health is carried out in his personal life. He regularly volunteers to initiatives that support individuals suffering from addiction as they embark on the long and enduring road of recovery. Prior also works directly with homeless individuals in his local community. He currently maintains affiliation within the following community outreach organizations:
- Catherine McAuley Center of Scranton (Community Outreach and Development Committee Member)
- National Public Health Information Coalition (Member)