With years of experience as a community leader and professional in human resources, Marshall Alston has gone on to establish an honorable and successful career.
Throughout his life and educational experiences, Marshall Alston has always strived for the highest levels of success. Completing his undergrad at Ramapo College of New Jersey, he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Law and Society earning cum laude distinction. Later on in 2015, Marshall Alston went on to earn his Master of Business Administration at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York.
Upon earning his Bachelor’s degree in 1992, Marshall Alston jumped right into the world of human resources, beginning his career as a Field Operations Coordinator with Prudential Financial. From there, he moved into Labor Relations, becoming the Director of Labor Relations in 1999.
Today, Marshall Alston holds the position of Vice President of the Human Resources Department at Prudential, a position he has held for over fifteen years.
As a human resource professional with Prudential, Marshall Alston has become an expert in nearly all components of HR including:
- Union Management
- Project Management
- Investigations and Issue Resolution
- Legal Research and Analysis
- Risk Mitigation and Cost Containment
- Business Analysis
- Change Management
- Organizational Alignment
- Process Improvement
- Team Collaboration
- Leadership Planning
In addition to his career with Prudential Financial, Marshall Alston also maintains a handful of other professional affiliations which include the following:
- Black Leadership Forum – Marshall Alston serves as a panelist and facilitator for the Black Leadership Forum, developing and implementing workshops and training sessions for members. He also stands as a moderator for numerous group programs.
- Newark Boys Chorus School – Marshall Alston attended Newark Boys Chorus School in New Jersey back in grade school and has since become a board member for the organization to continue to support and demonstrate its core values of leadership and education.
- Society for Human Resource Management – To connect and collaborate with other human resource professionals, Marshall Alston is a dedicated member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
To learn more about Marshall Alston and his professional and community experiences, connect with him on his social stream: http://marshallalston.com/social-stream.