Dr. Ileana Berman is an acclaimed Cognitive Science Researcher. Her work dives deep into the cognitive sphere to understand conditions like schizophrenia.
In 1984, Dr. Ileana Berman completed the first of many steps in her journey to becoming an award-winning Researcher of cognitive science. Finishing in the top 3% of her class, Berman earned her M.D. at the Institute of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest, Romania. She then continued her education with postdoctoral training at:
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Harvard Medical School
Dr. Berman maintains licenses in the states of New York and Massachusetts. The expert currently conducts her research in the Fall River area.
Dr. Ileana Berman is a Cognitive Science Researcher on a mission to uncover new perspectives on cognitive conditions. Her research often takes into account variables that play into the unique experiences of each patient. This approach has been revered by Dr. Berman’s colleagues and fellow industry experts.
Over the years, Dr. Ileana Berman has delved deep into her research on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Schizophrenia. Most notably, Dr. Berman has achieved a holistic understanding of these cognitive conditions by analyzing symptoms of OCD, as well as brain imaging, cognitive function and neuropharmacology of schizophrenia.
Current Research Activities
- Pharmaceutical company sponsored clinical trials of new and developing medications
- National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia & Depression (NARSAD) sponsored study on Ginkgo Biloba Extract (GBE)
- Collaboration with the Brockton VA Medical Center in a neurophysiology study on schizophrenia
Awards & Recognition
Dr. Ileana Berman’s research has been recognized by several awards. Specifically, she has received the Young Investigator Award for her research on:
- The cognitive effect of Ginkgo Biloba Extract (GBE) in schizophrenia
- The effect of naltrexone on alcoholic schizophrenia patients
Submit your review